Tuesday, June 29, 2010

McKinney Square, my Mecca

Finally we have milk on the square!! The only reason I ever had for leaving the square was for milk, and now I have access to milk with the cream at the top. It's delivered every Thursday, and I'm now making a pilgrimage over there for it. Oh sweet jesus! Another dream come true! First there was Square Burger and now Patina Green. Everything in their deli is local, fresh, homemade, organic, healthy, and just oh so good for you. I just got back from there having Robert slice up his best quality meat for me to graze on during the day. I've been doing a lot of energy work here at the spa and needed some protein to gnaw on between sessions. He told me what he sliced for me, and all I know is that it melts in my mouth and erupts into mouthgasms.

They're also a home decor boutique. The pictures at the top of the post are a few of their many splendored things. If I were ever inclined to fix up my house, that's where I'd do it. For now it's great just to go in there and feel at home. And, if you can't see how cool this place is from these pictures then get over there and look at it all first hand. It's the only way to do it.

Also, Tammy Davis, shown here in the bathroom invites any and all to "her" bathroom. She's deemed it hers as soon as she saw it, but is willing to share it with anyone who needs the facility. What a gem she is!

Patina Green Home and Market is located at 116 N. Tennessee, Suite 102 on the square in McKinney. It's owned by husband and wife team, Robert and Kaci Lyford, and her mother, Luann Van Winckel. Just to let you know, mom and daughter are more beautiful than the store, and that says a lot because the decor in there is breath taking, and Robert is soooo accomodating, friendly, and full of information about the food products. He makes fresh scones in the morning that you cannot possibly live without. Thank you so much for joining our mecca we call the McKinney square!

And, of course, my blog wouldn't be complete without a note or two about my new home, Square Burger.

We so enjoyed ourselves again last night where everyone knows my name. There's my UFO on the table, and a great way to end the night. I met the other chef besides St. Craig. Her name is Ngoc and she is a goddess in and out of the kitchen. When I had the salad with goat cheese the other night, Craig was sitting at the bar near me. As I was eating the most amazing tastes of my life, I told him that I was in love. He immediately let me know that he had a girlfriend, and I got to meet her last night. Square Burger is incredibly fortunate to have her in the kitchen. Her beauty and her lovely energy makes her food that much more delicious.

I have to give a shout out to Alex who shook his booty just a little bit with me while Fleetwood Mac was playing. (Brandon, he only did it for a second and he was coerced.) I am so happy to have Square Burger here. It livens up the square even more, and gives us another wonderful place to gather and eat incredible food.
Square Burger on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment