Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Tasting Paradise

I have no sense of taste or smell since inhaling a product like Comet Cleanser when I was a baby. Chemical burns took care of taste buds and whatever's needed in the nose for smelling. That being said, if I don't write about my lunch yesterday at Square Burger, I'm going to explode.

I ate the turkey burger and COULD TASTE IT! If you've always been able to taste food, this may not have any significance to you, but for me, it opened up a whole new world. It gave orgasmic experiences a new flavor for me. I've never eaten so slowly in my life. I didn't want it to end. The texture of the meat with the taste of its juices rendered me speechless, but I have to say, I tingled from the top of my head all the way to my toes with every bite I swallowed.

Square Burger on UrbanspoonI found out that the meat offered at Square Burger is grass-fed beef and pastured chickens. Now, I'm not sure where they get their turkey or salmon, but if they do that for beef and chicken I can just imagine how well loved and nurtured their turkey and salmon are. Let's just say that my taste buds can tell the difference between drugged animal meat and drug free. There's a huge party in my mouth when pulling an organic carrot out of the ground and snapping off the tip with my teeth, and there's just no one home when a store-bought nonorganic anything is eaten.

And then last night we had a business meeting at Square Burger with my daughter and her partners at RejuveNation LifeSpa. First thing we tried was the smoked salmon blinis. Oh my god, the chef should be knighted for sainthood! The description on the menu read: waffle fries with yogurt cream, smoked wild king salmon, salmon pearls, red onion, chives. I ate a masterpiece of culinary sensations that exploded in my mouth. Not only could I feel the round smoothness of the pearls and the dips and curves of the fries, but I could taste the salmon! I don't have words for what it tastes like, and I'm not sure I could get that explicit about how it made my body feel, so let's just say that it's an experience I would love to explore again.




Smoked Salmon Blinis

No comments:

Post a Comment