Saturday, August 28, 2010

Strip Burger

Nathan with a sweet potato fry that escaped

I went to Square Burger for the first time in a million years last night. God knows I got plenty of grief from the owner, Brandon Horrocks, for not being as regular as I once was. The truth is that I still see Brandon on a regular basis, but just haven't bellied up to the bar like I used to until last night. A friend of mine from Colorado came into town and there was nothing else we could do but go to Square Burger. He'd read enough about the place in my blogs. It was a must, so Larry and I, along with Tammy, bellied up to the bar in Square Burger last night.

Nothing like a Square Burger pickle



So, the first thing I had to do was introduce Larry to Square Burger crack, better known as popcorn, as only Craig and Gnoc can make it. After finishing off several bowls of that, he had to test drive the fried pickles. They must've been to his liking because he ordered another batch along with the sweet potato fries.





Sweet potato fries



Brandon (left) and Larry (right)


Now you're just going to have to take my word for it when I tell you that the above picture shows Brandon and Larry talking to each other because it's hard for me to even decipher their identities. No flash on the phone camera and that's as good as it gets that late at night.

So, the topic of conversation was that Brandon contends that Larry is the reason I'm moving away from McKinney. I have told Brandon from the beginning that it's not true. I do not move for men, any man. And, now I'm not moving back to Colorado. I'm stopping first in Santa Fe for a tour, and I don't know how long that adventure will last there. However, that being said, it proves that I am not moving because of Larry. I am moving because it's the right next step for me. It was Larry however, who spent 3.25 hours at $450/hour consulting fee, telling me why I was making a mistake by choosing Santa Fe over Evergreen, CO. (Good thing I wasn't paying....) The conclusion my boys came to was that I really was moving because of Larry because number one, I was protesting too much, and two, because according to Larry you can track the switch in my blogs from writing about McKinney to Colorado right after he'd sent me a picture of Evergreen.


What's the truth? The truth is that I'm making my decisions according to how I feel. Right now it feels right to move to Santa Fe with Tammy and begin what we consider to be the first of our healing facilities. Our intention is to eventually land in Evergreen, but right now the energy takes us to Santa Fe.

The other truth is that I will miss Brandon and Square Burger and everyone else there so very much. Brandon's made a home for me there at the bar. Brandon has become one of my dearest friends who I love very much. It's always a better day for having seen him and hugged him. Since June 14th this year I've looked forward to seeing his face and wrapping my arms around him every single day.

 
So, Brandon, just so you know, wherever I go I take my memories of you with me. You are part of my family, and there will hardly be a day that goes by that I won't think of you and wish I was sitting at your bar. Larry wants a Strip Burger in Evergreen.Since there's no square and only a strip in that town, that's the name of the restaurant he wants to put together with you and Craig and my big check I hand over to him to get that party started. See, Brandon, I'm not leaving you; I'm taking you with me.

a little brew

No comments:

Post a Comment