Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Dr. Alyssa Summey

If I had her baby pictures on my computer, I'd upload some of her adjusting her dad and her stuffed animals when she was two and three years old. Everybody had to get adjusted before going to bed at night. And yes, I knew that was her way of delaying going to bed herself, but it was just too darn cute to not let her go through her ritual.

This is my daughter, Dr. Alyssa Summey. When she was in trouble, I called her Alyssa Michelle, and it wasn't in a very endearing way, I might add.

She was extraordinary from birth. The first time I looked at her I saw a very wise old soul, and she's proved to be just that throughout the years. She has been one of my greatest teachers, and I am so grateful we chose to play together in this lifetime.

These pictures were taken at her new office at 120 W. Virginia behind the photographer's studio just west one block from the square. There's a side entrance from the alley, but I think most people come through the studio.

Alyssa was born and raised in Colorado. I was raised in Texas. Never in a million years did I think she'd end up coming back to the state I fled from after high school. And seriously, I never thought I'd be living here again either, especially after living in Colorado, but McKinney is a land of enchantment. The people here are warm and friendly. It's a place to come to when you want to renew and rejuvenate, to grow with like-minded people, and to enjoy the company of the friendliest people on earth. People here want to help others become successful. They love to network and grow businesses. I've just never seen anything like it. The Chamber of Commerce is the most amazing one I've ever witnessed. McKinney rocks like no other place on earth! The downtown square is quaint and inviting. Alyssa and I never get around the square quickly. There's just too many people to speak with.


Alyssa's coming up on her first year anniversary of practicing in McKinney. She convinced me to come and visit last October. I ended up moving here in November. I want to thank Alyssa from the bottom of my heart for sharing her life with me and to those in McKinney for opening your town to me. It is so precious, and I don't take the privilege of living here lightly. I treasure my time here, and am so excited to see what every day has in store.

Also, don't forget to vote for Dr. Alyssa Summey as your favorite chiropractor at http://www.mckinneyliving.com/.

2 comments:

  1. I love your daughter too... but I also get how amazing you are too! I love your presence here in Texas. Your posts, your insights... Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Daniel. I have to say your comments on FB bring such joy to my life. xoxox

    ReplyDelete