Monday, June 15, 2009

Lavender House on the Square

Welcome to Lavender House on Virginia just east of the main square downtown. Look at the opulence in this decor. No matter what your circumstances, once you enter the doors here you feel like a million bucks. Pull up a seat on the couch or relax in the chair in the lounge for a free cosmos during happy hour on Friday and Saturday nights.
How gorgeous is this place! And how gorgeous is the owner -- Marsha Yarbrough. She's posing with my daughter, Dr. Alyssa Summey, McKinney's very own spectacular chiropractor now on the square at 120 W. Virginia.
Marsha has a spectacular staff to help her with the ambiance and incredible food.
Whoever doesn't make it to Lavender House is doing a huge disservice to their own palate!





Jennifer Piercy of Hair Options Salon with her brand new blonde hair!

Maggie Cooper of Jeunesse Medical Spa
and
the amazing bartender who did not want his picture taken, so I'm not leaving his name in case he's hiding from the police, FBI, CIA, or his mother.








One of the singers of the night with Alyssa -- Jud Leonard who sang with his wonderful wife, Elizabeth. I highly recommend them. Elizabeth has a voice of an angel and Jud can play a mean guitar!



And again my daughter, the chiropractor who just moved to the square. She loves it there. She's lived in McKinney now for over a year. She even enticed me here after a 34-year hiatus from Texas. I graduated from Bishop Lynch High School in Dallas back in '74. She told me that McKinney was a must-live place. I didn't believe her because I'd been to McKinney many times during my youth and I saw no reason to stop there, let alone live there. She proved me wrong though. This is an exceptional place with the most wonderful people in the world. So, to my daughter, the best chiropractor in the world (vote for her at http://www.mckinneyliving.com/ through July31st), thank you for convincing me to come visit last fall. I am so grateful to be able to call this home, and to have these wonderful people as my friends!




And yes, I did get to share her cake!

And drink the amazing margarita that the incognito bartender made. Wow, can he pack a punch with his drinks!


Lavender House
207 E. Virginia
McKinney, TX 75069

No comments:

Post a Comment