Monday, June 15, 2009

Eldorado and Country Club Houses

Every morning at 5:00 I get up and walk my daughter's dog. Since I spend the rest of the day virtually at my computer and get little exercise, I shoot for 5 miles before the heat and humidity get too unbearable.

This is one of the neighborhoods we used to venture into that early in the morning. I happened upon it because it's too dark at 5 to go to Towne Lake, so I go where it's well lit. I haven't ventured to this neighborhood in a while but thought I'd post pictures of when I was a frequent tourist there.




This neighborhood seems so much like a little fairyland. I've never seen a neighborhood where every single yard is absolutely manicured. Flowers and trees abound. Very little sunshine gets through due to the trees. It's spectacular.



Look at the ivy growing on this beauty. It's just lush and fragrant.


The trees make lovely designs on this roof. There's also a pond nearby just for the residents of this neighborhood where a white crane or heron hangs out. I don't really know the difference between the two birds so I'm giving my white-feathered friend the option of being either.



I know this picture is a little blurry, but I just love the whitewash on this brick. It looks so European to me. A castle for a princess. Her beaus have to wait out on the bench until the king admits them, if he does.





This to me looks like it could be a politician's house in D.C. It's funny that I should say that because the flag that's hung up on the shutter there is a Canadian one. In any case, the house is a stunner. The whole neighborhood is, if you ask me. I know you didn't, but it's my blog, and I'll write what I want to.


My hat's off to all the homeowners in this neighborhood for creating such a lovely spot in the world. The fairies are thrilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment