Monday, June 22, 2009

Spoons Garage

Every day I feel more and more blessed that I live in the wonderful town of McKinney, Texas. This cool little coffee shop just recently opened. It's owned by Karen Klassen who also owns Spoons just around the corner. Spoons Garage is across Kentucky from Cadillac Pizza Pub.

First of all, look at this decor. Did Karen do a great job or what??? The menu is based on "garage" items. Coffee comes in sizes of SUV and compact. There's the alternator specialty drink also.



I wish I'd taken a picture of the bathroom too. It's so darn cool also with the garage theme. Apparently this building used to be a garage for fixing vehicles, so the decor and menu are based on that theme. Very retro and vintage. I love, love, love it, but of course, I'm a retro girl. Who else would build a brand new house and install 1950's black wall phones in it -- nothing cordless! I even had to fight my builder about putting formica counter tops in instead of granite. He won. Doesn't matter. The house was left in another state with the ex.




The coffee here is fabulous and if you work on the square you get regular drinks for a buck. That's right. One dollar bill for cokes, tea, and regular coffees. Don't try this with the specialty drinks. They're worth every cent.

Oh my gosh, and the salads they make there for lunch. I swear they come special delivery from heaven. And oh so healthy too.





The baristas are superb and you're bound to meet new people or see some old friends. I've never gone in there without seeing a friend or making a new one.

Did I say anything about their desserts? You just have to go in and see for yourself!






And before I leave this post, I must thank my dear, dear friend Silky Hart Michero for meeting me for coffee here last week. We had a fabulous time and I got to see her possible logos for her business -- Expressive Hart. She and her husband have a great story online -- www.TomandSilky.com. It's a must read.



Thank you to all at Spoons Garage. I enjoy my time down on the square even more because you're there!


Check out Karen's own blog:

htt;://www.spoonscafe.com/weblog/

3 comments:

  1. I love your McKinney blog! It was sheer delight having "coffee talk" with you. And didn't we cover a wide range of topics? The Spoons Garage is fabulous, too. Looking forward to many more coffee talks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent effort to make this blog more wonderful and attractive. garage door repair

    ReplyDelete