Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Pumps

Yesterday afternoon I had an iced white mocha at La Mischa's with a dear friend Molly Jones of Molly J & Co., Inc. We're collaborating on a specialty tee shirt line for men and women. What better place than La Mischa's for a late afternoon refreshment and business discussion. The atmosphere is perfect and the European flair is wonderful. I'll take pictures of it the next time in there. You'll love the owner. Not only is she beautiful, but she's lovely to talk to also.
Afterwards, I met my daughter, Dr. Alyssa Summey, as she was coming out of her office at 120 W. Virginia, and we decided to take a stroll around the square. The one store we hadn't been into was Pumps. It's located at 110 E.Louisiana, Suite B. That's where we met Holly who was running the place. Oh my gosh, was she ever darling in her Capri's and sandals. The shoes there are decadent and on sale!! All you women, rush over there as soon as possible while supplies last. Holly will be more than happy to be of assistance to you.

She was so gracious to let me take pictures of her while she took care of a customer on the phone. The store is decorated with something luscious to look at in every nook and cranny. That free-form that's standing beside Holly is filled with charms that have words on them. I am all about words. I stood there reading them for quite a while. There's also plenty of couches and chairs to sit on while trying on shoes, or if you have a man or child with you that wants to get off their feet, there's plenty of comfortable seating.

Since Alyssa was with me, I couldn't resist taking a picture of her with one of her favorite things in the world -- shoes! I had no idea how many pairs of shoes she had until I moved here last fall. She's got more in her closet than I've had in my lifetime. Pumps had plenty more to her liking too. I'm not sure there was a pair in there she didn't like.
Thank you, Holly, for your warm hospitality. I invite all to step inside Pumps to get away from the heat and savor the shoes, jewelry, and clothes that are on display.
I would be remiss to not mention that we also saw a dear friend of ours Kevin Knott while in Pumps. He was walking down the hallway outside the store. You've got to see this place. There are other shops -- salons and an art gallery, I think -- on the other side of the hallway from Pumps and at the end of the hall. There's so much to explore in McKinney. I'm not planning on stopping until I cover it all.
And great seeing you, Kevin!

1 comment:

  1. She dont wear shoes like that anymore.....only what Ellen White approves

    ReplyDelete