Friday, July 23, 2010

Afternoon Delight

You'd think I'd have Square Burger's menu memorized by now, but most of the time I don't even get one. I just belly up to the bar and food appears, so I'm not real sure what the name of this one is but it has the word Border in it. You can tell I gnawed on the fried pickle before doing anything else. Square Burger serves the best crack on the planet. It just comes in different forms depending on what you order. There's the fried pickles, sweet potato fries, the oh-my-sweet-baby-jesus popcorn served only at the bar to name just a few.

My daughter, Alyssa, was getting a massage when my friend, Kara, and I were having dinner. Since I don't normally eat a whole burger, I told Alyssa before leaving the spa that I would save her some of it. I tried.
This is what it looked like just before the plate was empty.

And here's Kara's banana something dessert. I've had it before, and oh my god, something like this needs to come with a warning label to make sure you have a change of clothes and a cigarette when you're done.

And right now, my friends, is when the change of clothes comes in handy because this is when you're sweaty, breathing heavily, and reaching for the cigarette.

And then, after the cigarette and fresh clothing, enjoy a freshly brewed cup of coffee with shots of espresso, and god only knows what else Marly puts in it. Truly the best way to end a magnificent day!

Square Burger on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment