Saturday, July 17, 2010

Slice of Heaven

The best fried pickles on the planet are at Square Burger. The hand in the picture belongs to a beautiful young woman named Amy. I took a picture of her, but you can't see her at all. So, Amy, at least your hand and your pickle made it to the web. Her friend, Mike, called the pickles sticks of dynamite.
And here's Mike demonstrating the proper way to eat one of those pickles. If you can't see it, it's because it's eaten.

Amy, Mike, and Seth were from Dallas, I believe. I was on my second glass of wine by the time they bellied up to the bar, so I'm thinking that's what they told me. The bar has two love stools on the end, large enough for three women per stool, according to the men from Square Burger. We obliged them last night.
The only thing I can see in this picture is my own white shirt, but here are six of us cuddled up together. Marly was hoping for a pillow fight. He wanted us to discuss it in detail in front of him. I'm not sure why that's such a male fantasy because I don't think I've ever been in a pillow fight.
That's Marly and Lauren. You can tell when I first arrived at Square Burger because it was still light outside. The pictures where you can't see squat are the ones taken after dark. One of these days I am going to locate the flash on my phone...

Also, notice the popcorn in front of Lauren. That's Square Burger's form of crack. I don't care how low my appetite is, when I see that popcorn I can't stop eating. Kym, Marly, and Lauren will attest to that one.

Here's another drug of choice from Square Burger -- Marly's coffee. Oh my god! I don't know what he puts in it, but it's the best coffee I've ever had, and believe me I've had PLENTY! Brandon told me it was made by Clay Island, and the brand was Sumatra. Don't know if the spelling's correct, but just to let you know that after just a few sips I could leap tall buildings in a single bound.

Here's Alyssa's special dinner that Gnoc and Craig fixed for her. Salmon burger patty topped with fillet of smoked salmon and salmon caviar with a side of green salad tower, tomatoes, pita bread, le jardine cheese, and creamy dill sauce. AND, it was a major slice of heaven!
Gnoc also made us her unbelievable cinnamon and sugar fritters again. This time she made a chocolate and citrus ganache with homemade whipped cream. I'm holding the plate in the picture above, and just looking at it right now makes my mouth water and my heart beat faster. Craig and Gnoc, thank you both so much for treating us so well and making us feel so amazingly special. Your food is beyond compare.

   Last night was not the easiest night of my life, and Brandon, Craig, and Gnoc made it so memorable with their kindness and their fabulous food. I really am so grateful to them for not only opening Square Burger, but placing it directly between my studio and the spa. Not only are they three of the most talented people on earth, but also the nicest. What a privilege to call them family.
Square Burger on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment